Have you tried making these yet? Tell us how it went in the comments section below!
- 8 eggs
- ¾ cup (180ml) pure cream (or water)
- 1 cup mixed herbs, chopped (we used chives and parsley), plus extra to serve
- 1½ tbs ghee
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped, plus extra thinly sliced to serve
- 2 zucchini, cut into rounds
- 1 garlic, crushed
- ¾ cup frozen peas
- 2 cups leafy greens, such as baby spinach or chopped silverbeet
- 12 medium cooked wild prawns, peeled and cleaned
- 1 avocado, cut into wedges
- Thinly sliced green chilli & lime wedges, to serve
- Set an oven grill to medium-high. Lightly whisk eggs, cream (or water) and herbs together in a bowl and season.
- Heat ghee in a 22cm ovenproof frying pan over medium heat. Add spring onion and zucchini and cook, tossing regularly, for 2 minutes. Add garlic and peas, stir to combine and cook for a further minute, then add spinach and cook for a minute more until just wilted.
- Pour in egg mixture. As it begins to set at the edges, use a spatula to draw the cooked egg towards the centre (without breaking it up), allowing the uncooked egg to run towards the edges. Cook for 2-3 minutes until base and sides are starting to firm up, then place under the preheated grill and cook for a further 3-4 minutes until puffed and firm
- Top omelette with prawns, avocado, chilli and extra herbs and spring onion and serve with lime wedges.